photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to work

So, it's Friday, and I'm back to work. I wish I had today off as does everyone else who's working today I'm sure. NYE was fun. Will not go back to Peabody. LC ended up waiting 45min at one point in the beer line. RIDICULOUS. seriously. Will be having a house party next year. I think I'm too old to be going out to such things. My feet were hurting by 2am. Woke up NYD with such a hangover I couldn't even attend Mass which is one of the most important Masses of the year after Easter and Xmas. My head throbbed, and I slept half the afternoon away. I can't believe it's already 2009. This means I'm getting closer to thirty with every year that goes by. The reason I say that is because of my life plan. You know the plan you make for your life when you're say uh about 15-18 years old.

This was my life plan (ha!):

-graduate high school at 18. check
-graduate college on time at 22. yeah graduated at 24
-marry high school/college sweetheart CTS right after graduation at age 22.
um, hs/college sweetheart CTS dumped me Easter weekend of Freshman year for another girl and ended up marrying her. Still not married. Haha.
-have kids with high school/college sweetheart at 24. see above.

Then I got to thinking, where is the rest of my plan??? ha. The things we don't know or understand at the ages of 15-18.

I just erased this long detailed paragraph about my 2008. Basically, there were only 3 major, important things in 2008 for me. One, I acquired 3 of the best friends in the whole entire world. I run everything by them. They are like my sisters, seriously=) Secondly, I met LC. He's the love of my life. I never knew what people meant when they said you'll just know. Because, I just know, and it's the most wonderful feeling in the whole world. I'm the luckiest girl on Earth. Last but not least, I REALLY got to know myself and what I'm made of in 2008. I finally know who I am and am comfortable in my own skin. Whether it was fighting my Mother's cancer, kicking out an alcoholic and emotionally abusive boyfriend, losing a best friend b/c we just weren't "cool" enough for her anymore, getting my own apartment w/o a roommate and paying all the bills myself, or finally allowing someone to love me in my whole entirety helped me to become the woman I am today.
Without this year, I don't think I would have grown as a person. I don't think I would understand the true meaning of everything happens for a reason, and that sometimes bad things have to happen in order for the good things to come along. I wouldn't know what that means if it weren't for 2008. Hopefully, 2009 will be the best year yet:)

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I'm just a random ready but UM I loved this post. It reminded me of myself. It's funny how we think being a "teenager" is tough. Ha trying being a twenty-something-er. Happy New Years to you!

Lipstick said...

Great post!!! Best wishes for 2009.

Jennifer said...

Great post! I left you something on my blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin