photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Monday, March 16, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

Sad, I know, but I've got a case of the Mondays. I'm already ready for Friday.



Friday:
My friend Elle changed her dinner to Bonefish. It was yummy although the crab cakes were a tad too spicy for my taste but good nonetheless. Afterwards, we just played RockBand til about 1am.



Saturday:
I went to the Southern Women's show with my Mummy and aunt which was a blast!!! I got a pair of cute sterling silver earrings. They are circles, and I had my monogram put on it. Then, LC and I went to Mass at 5pm for the start of my Lenten scrutinies. Later on, we attended our friend's birthday party. Although, I did not wear green b/c it wasn't really deemed a "St. Patty's Theme". Our friend went to Tulane, and according to him "champagne flip cup" is a norm down there. In case you my blogger friends do not know what flip cup is, it is a game where people are divided into two teams at a table. One team is one side and the second team on the other. Champagne is filled to the first line in the cup like a soho cup. So, it's kind of a little bigger than a shot. You chug the champagne and then sit you cup on the table just enough so that a tad bit of the cup is off the edge. You then use you finger to flip the cup over so that it falls flat on the mouth of the cup. If you fail, you keep doing it until it is flipped correctly. When flipped correctly, the next person goes, and so on. Okay ladies, this weekend solidified that I am in my late twenties. I feel my age today. I am officially retired from flip cup. LC found me in the bathroom at our friend's house feeling oh not so well. Needless to say that when this Belle arrived home, she was very sick. Imagine this girl with a cute white ruffle blouse on, Express editors, patent leather stilettos, pearls, and her new monogram earrings paying homage to the porcelain god early Sunday morning. This is not a photo of me. If LC had taken one, he'd be in TROUBLE!

Sunday:
Felt like sh!t. LC and I went to Costco. I promise if we'd walk by the Costco lady giving out samples of salmon, I would have barfed right there. The car ride was atrocious, and LC reminded me that in the duration of sickness earlier that I swore I would NEVER drink again. We went to his parent's house for dinner. Needless to say, when we arrived, I napped upstairs. I came down feeling refreshed. Not 100% but a much better 75%.



Today:
I'm pissed. I awoke this morning with a fever blister. Evidently, my immune system is low or I ran a fever yesterday. Regardless, they suck. It sucks. It makes my whole week suck. People who don't get them don't understand. They just stare at your semi-swollen lip at the blister formed on it. NO PEOPLE I DO NOT HAVE THE HERP. get over yourselves. I most def will not be going out in public with this monstrosity. that means no green beer and no ARTini event at the Dixon. I will not be photographed and put in our city's RSVP mag. NOPE, not happening. Just will have to indulge extra next year. My dress came in today which cheered me up. It is absolutely beautiful, and I am so glad I ordered it!!!!

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry about your day and blister. I won't be drinking green beer either...not that that helps you any! :)

Belle on Heels said...

i'm semi-retired from flip-cup as well. nothing makes you feel mid-twenties more than trying to imbibe like you did in your early twenties/early college days! i feel your pain :(

Miss Lemonade said...

I hope that you are feeling better! Only 4 more days this week :)

Jessica said...

i love flip cup. and i love champagne. but something about combining the two sounds like a TERRIBLE idea.

i almost had an empathy hangover just reading about this.

all i need is love... said...

I hope you are feeling better! Have a good week!

Seaside Prep said...

i hope the week picks up! Yay for the pretty dress and I am so sorry for the fever blister... They are TRULY the worst!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

The Herp! You're hilarious! And I cannot believe you played flip cup with champagne! Are you people crazy?! I would have been on the floor/no, also in the bathroom ASAP! I can still rock it with the beers though...ahaha!

Niki said...

I hope you feel better!! At least its almost Tuesday:)

Natalie said...

I can not do flip cup either. I'm not a beer girl. But I do feel your pain. A few weeks ago, I attempted to drink shots & jello shots as if I were still 21. I was reminded the next day that I was not that age anymore.
Glad you love the dress!

Rachel said...

Oh no; I have been there before! And I know what you mean about the fever blisters...uggghhhh!

Ginny said...

Oh, I used to love flip cup! I'm sorry it made you sick though :(

Jules said...

I had no clue what flip-cup was. Thanks for the explanation.

Sorry you're not feeling well! I hope that the week goes quickly for you. We've all been there before.

Learning As I Go said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Oh yuck. Feel better!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin