photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Friday, March 6, 2009

What Interior Style Are You?

Y'all should go on over to With Love From New Orleans' blog. Her blog is a great read and she has a had this little gem of an interior design quiz on her post today.
I am:

50%-Classic
50%-French Eclectic


Classic
What's old is new again! The beauty of Classic style is how well it takes all of the beautiful forms, colors and textures of the past and reinvents them in a way that feels both fresh and inspired.
The style itself is a mix of European influences and French, English and Italian antiques and replicas are often used together. Furniture is well proportioned and comfortable and the rooms give off an air of sophistication and grace. Oil paintings depicting still-life or nature scenes and emphasizing symmetry of pairs helps maintain the traditional nature of the room. Windows are often covered with opulent fabric shades and/or drapery.
Traditional rooms give off an air of history that seems to say "I was here long before you, and will remain long after you've gone." And yet, even with this level of sophistication, the rooms are soft and inviting.
French Eclectic
French EclecticParlez-vous français? Even if the answer is no, you can confidently say your home does! French Eclectic somehow manages to be both formal and casual, classy and unassuming at the same time. You like your spaces to feel inviting from the moment you (or your guest) opens the front door and this feeling should continue even after you've entered your most formal room.
Even though there are French antiques here and gold details there, the rustic country elements provide a balance and warmth that seems to say, "come in, relax and stay a while." Your love of antiques leads you to flea markets, garage sales and hours of eBay hunting.

I'll blog about my wonderful bday on Monday. In case you're wondering, I rarely blog at home. LC is too nosy. LOL:)

BTW-Rachel from Living and Loving I've been trying to contact you since you were selected as the winner of the trip giveaway. Please contact me by Monday, or I will have to draw another winner.

5 comments:

AmyT said...

that was fun...I was more classic than anything - loved a lot of those rooms!

With Love from New Orleans said...

AHH LOVE YOUR STYLE!!

Christy said...

I can't wait to do this quiz! It looks like so much fun! Thanks for the heads up! :)

I'd love an invite to Rue La La. My email address is midwestbelle@gmail.com

Me in Memphis said...

Cool quiz! My style would be "looking as high class on the least amount of money possible." Whatever that is called! :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

I have had that living room picture saved representing the French style for awhile because I love it so much! Gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin