photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Friday, January 15, 2010

And the Diagnosis is...(drum roll please)


Ok, I figured you'd like the picture of this album much more than the other acid reflux pictures. Btw, I have no idea who this band is.

Sorry, I've been kinda MIA, hit or miss lately. I haven't been feeling well. I don't like to be a chronic complainer about things. At least the radiologist was cool. He was probably around my age, and while he was no McSteamy and had a buzz cut unlike McDreamy, he was kinda of a George. He was nice, funny, and made the test go by faster. That was nice. Not to mention, he actually went over my x-rays with me afterwards. He didn't just send me on my merry way and let the doctor call me with the results. It was cool looking at that stuff. However, that did not make up for the crap that he made me drink. Seriously, if you ever have an upper GI done, I'm just gonna tell you it's not Fiji water, a Starbucks Latte, or a Chick-Fil-A strawberry milkshake for that matter. They trick you. You drink water with a fizzy (kinda like alka-seltzer) in it first. Down the hatch just like you're taking a shot. Take a few x-rays. Then, oh here, Miss Belle, take a drink of this, hold it in your mouth for a second, and then swallow. Hmmm, looks kinda milkshakey; it could be tasty. IT'S NOT!!!!! Don't let them fool you telling you it's cherry flavored yumminess. You know what it REALLY taste likes?!?!?!?!!! It's tastes like these, but in a liquified form.

You know the chalky, Valentine's Day hearts that you always dreaded receiving. It's cherry flavored nastiness. Don't be fooled. You will want to regurgitate afterwards, trust me. I'm trying to use euphemisms versus being so graphic in case you haven't noticed. You're welcome. Seriously, afterwards, head straight to your nearest Panera Bread and have a spinach and artichoke baked egg souffle, and all with be right with the world;)

Hope y'all have a great weekend, and I'll be back full swing into the blogging world next week!

9 comments:

The Pink Chick said...

I am so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I am glad you found out what was causing your problem. Too bad you had to drink the yucky stuff! Not fun!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

oh i'm sorry too about you not feeling well!
and i agree...i hate those little heart candies! yuck! and double yuck that that's what that stuff tasted like

Bren said...

glad everything is ok! i feel your pain though...i just had a lovely test done where i had to drink two liters of some horrible mixture in an hr and half...it was so bad i puked it up on the last glass...whoops.

Bumpkin on a Swing said...

Feel better soon!

Molly said...

I hope you start to feel better soon! The worst medicine was banana flavored, ugh my childhood was spent taking that for ear infections!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to know you finally have a diagnosis, and as the Tweets noted, hopefully the doc will have a good plan. Having coped with it for 20+ years, at least there are good remedies and dietary adjustments.

But still sorry you have to deal with it!
tp

Sharron said...

Hi, I just found your Blog and I think it is kinda coo! I hope you feel better and thanks for the advice about the nasty tasting drink. Are you into living green? If so I would love for you to check out my Blog. I give lots of advice about green stuff! http://www.brightlygreen.blogspot.com
Feel Better!:-D

Megan said...

I am so sorry!! That is no fun at all. I have to say I totally love how you described your Dr. with all the Grey's references. I could totally picture him. Ha!

Unknown said...

OH I hate those little VDay hearts...nastyness! I can't imagine them in liquid form. Sorry, girl...that sounds awful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin