Here's how to do it from the KA website:
Bring on the star-spangled cookies, pies and patriotic treats with these deep, sturdy cutters.
- Set of five nesting tinplate cutters, 1 1/4” to 3 1/2”, comes in its own round tin for easy storage.
- Perfect for cutting baked brownies and cakes, too.
Cut out and bake roll-out cookies in graduated sizes using our star cutters. We used about 6 of the largest sizes and 3 or 4 of the medium and one of the smallest for each tree.
- Stack all the largest stars, then the medium and finally top with the smallest, twisting the cookies so the points are pointing in different directions
- using dabs of frosting , or royal icing, to hold the stars in place.
- Dust with snow white non melting sugar, edible glitter , or confectioners’ sugar for a snowy effect.
PS-got the punch bowl on my previous post. Called Godinger and they had it in stock even though the website said no. It will be on its way in 3 days. Yay!!!!