photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Friday, December 28, 2012

Getting Pregnant is a Science!

So, I went to my obgyn yesterday to figure out what's our next step. I swear who knew that all of this was so intricate. I mean really. I grew up thinking you got married, you did the do, and you had a baby. I never knew about hormone surges, ovulation predictor kits (OPKs), measurements of uterine lining, etc. SERIOUSLY!

They ran an ultrasound to see if I had PCOS. My insulin levels are fine, and the look at my ovaries via u/s showed no "string of pearls." All the things I was wanting to hear until...normally about this time you would have a thick, fluffy uterine lining measuring at about a 10; well, your lining is measuring about a 5 which is kind of thin. This is another possible symptom of PCOS. She didn't definitively say I had it, but she didn't say I didn't. Ugh, I'm so frustrated. I just want to have a baby. We are two people who work hard and WANT a baby. Being parents is something we want to do, not something that we just will deal with if it "happens."

I don't know if it's because we're TTC or what, but every time I turn around there's another friend, blogger, twitter friend announcing their pregnant or their pregnant with their 2nd, 3rd, gazillionth child or every time I turn around there's a pregnant person in line in front of me or walking in front of my car while I am waiting to turn into a parking spot. I hate that it pisses me off. I am genuinely happy for people I know. I really am. I just want one of those people to be me. I'm a good person who would be a good mother. It's just frustrating. I am ashamed to admit I get envious, and it makes me mad at myself for feeling this way. I hope you do not judge me. I am only human.

My obgyn decided to put me on metformin. She said this will hopefully help regulate my cycles, and she would like to see me back in 3 months. She'll reevaluate and possibly put me on clomid. Have any of you been on metformin and/or clomid? Just curious to know if it worked for you.

Hope I don't end up a crazy pug lady...


Scentsy

10 comments:

REBrown said...

I would love to be a crazy pug lady!

When I was dealing with all of my issues (which seem to be on the mend now) my doctor wanted to put me on clomid, but I declined it. We weren't really looking to have a baby I just wanted to be regular again and I was too scared about getting pregnant. It's supposed to really ramp up your fertility!

Tarin said...

My husband and I have been TTC for going on two years with lots of issues along the way - I totally understand about the envious feelings, but I think that's just normal. After a tubal pregnancy and a miscarriage, we are fixing to go on chlomid as well - Good luck to y'all! We also have pugs and for now we just call them our fur babies! :)

A Simple Southern Life said...

You won't be a crazy pug lady, haha. Good luck, I know it must be frustrating!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

If you don't already, you need to read my bestie, Buford Betty's blog. You can find a link on my blog list. She has had lining issues too and was really great about blogging about it.

KK

Beth Ann said...

We started trying 15 months ago. I'm currently on my 3rd month of clomid. I've been tested my husband has been tested and so far everything has been normal. I understand and share your frustrations especially this time of year I think it's harder. The only test left for me is the HSG but the doc wants me to do 6 months of clomid first. I'm glad they haven't found anything wrong with me yet but it's hard to "not know". If you ever want to chat about it. Email is bawilb01@gmail.com twitter is @bethannw8

Melissa said...

It took us a year to conceive. I was diagnosed with low progesterone and ovulated late. I took progesterone supplements for 6-7 months and finally got pregnant on clomid. The first month did the trick.

Jess said...

It's been 2+ years of meds for me, I have taken chlomid and also fermera. Has your husband had testing done? Just a suggestion also use the ovulation predictors that give you a smiley face not the ones with lines. Good Luck! Send me a message if you have any questions... I'm pretty sure I have had every test there is and two operations this year to remove endometriosis. The docs say there is no reason I shouldn't get pregnant but every month is a disappointment! My twitter is: @justbcimjess

Anonymous said...

I completely understand. We've been trying for 5 years.

The Stanley Family said...

Oh my goodness, I just stumbled on your blog and absolutely love it, we could be friends. I also just wanted to encourage you in your TTC journey. As a pharmacist, I have seen MANY people do great getting pregnant on Metformin and MANY MANY more with Clomid! Good luck, thoughts and prayers your way from San Antonio!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I took Metformin for my last two pregnancies and I got BG out of the last one :) Just keep plugging along lady. It is a science but your doctor will find an answer. If you ever have questions you can ask. I know how hard all of this can be.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin