photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm a Daughter!

On Tuesday, things were crazy. Students are ready for summer; WE are ready for summer. I'm sick. I'm stressed trying to finish up on all the last minute things left that come with being a teacher... paperwork, grading, calculating averages for awards, professional paperwork, etc. Not to mention, I'm also feeling under the weather.

 I happened to start deleting some emails and saw one from the lady who has been helping with my DAR application and genealogy research. And finally after all this time, my application has been VERIFIED!!!!! I'm a Daughter of the American Revolution:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) My membership is technically not "official" until June 24th. Yay!!!!!  It totally made me feel better!


 I'm joining through a chapter in Maryland, and they are going to help me transfer to the chapter that is closest to me. I can't wait to get all the details and get involved. I love Junior League, and I'm sure I'll love this just as much especially since it is derived from something my ancestor(s) fought so hard for.

And with that being said, I have to give Liz a special shout out. She has reaffirmed my belief that there are STILL good people in this world willing to help others without expecting anything in return. I happened to comment on a fellow blogger's post about wanting to join the DAR last year. This blogger told her mom about me who then in return passed on my information to her friend, Liz. She and I have been working on this since May 2012. She has been so patient and has even helped with my research. I have no idea if I would have made it all this way without her help. Btw, Liz has never met me, and yet, she still helped me and never asked for anything. She even took the time to actually call me up and congratulate me. The blogger and her mom even took the time to email me and congratulate me as well. So sweet!  Sometimes, I feel our society makes me bitter. Then, sometimes, I am reminded there are good people out there. There really are...
Scentsy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! The only time I'd actually heard of D.A.R. is through Gilmore Girls so of course this post reminded me of that!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh that's wonderful! What is involved in being a member? Is it along the lines of the Junior League? I'm so curious.

KK

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin