photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Friday, March 27, 2009

???????

I'm sad. I got nothing. Nothing exciting to post. Nada. So, I figured as other posts I've seen as of recently that I would jump on the bandwagon. Ask me some questions. Ask me what you'd like to know about this Belle. It will give her something to ponder on such a somber day here in Memphis.....
So, today, I got nothing. My Tigers lost last night. You know what they NEVER gave up even when they were 24 points behind. They brought that deficit down to 6. I think as my friend LK put it. We're not feeling well. I'm not feeling well. The fans aren't feeling well. Memphis isn't feeling well. We're not sick. We're just kinda bummed out. We wanted it so bad. We wanted to make it to the Final Four. We wanted the championship. We wanted to win and add that win to the winningest team in college history. But not last night, not this year, not this tournament, maybe, next year. Our city is proud of our Tigers. This was to be a "rebuilding" year. You tell me how many "rebuilding" teams even make it to the Sweet 16. Not many. That 65 ft. shot the Mizzou kid made. Yeah, it was luck. Give him a ball right now, and I bet he can't make that shot. Last night was Missouri's night, and this year just might be their year. For us, the light went out last night. Welcome home boys, welcome home Memphis Tigers!!! We didn't win, but you gave us hope. Any team should strive to play like y'all did even when you're down by that many points. We were a cinderella team this year. We didn't win but you sure gave us a glimpse of how good next year is going to be. Tigers, next year will be our year=) I literally teared up this morning when I saw the front page of the paper and saw the picture from above. It broke my little Southern heart. Stay one more year Taggart. Y'all will win it all!!!!

9 comments:

Dana-Lynn said...

I've been bummed out all day :-( and the weather doesn't help!

Jennifer said...

I haven't had much to talk about this week either. Okay, my question is what is your favorite Lilly Pulitzer item that you own? Where to you like to wear it? What accessories and shoes do you wear it with?

Me in Memphis said...

I know, I'm bummed about the Tigers too! :( I used to live in Columbia though, and both my parents went to grad school at Mizzou, so I'm not too upset though.

Let's see...I'm always curious what people do for a living, or what they do all day if not work :)

Me in Memphis said...

I know, I'm bummed about the Tigers too! :( I used to live in Columbia though, and both my parents went to grad school at Mizzou, so I'm not too upset though.

Let's see...I'm always curious what people do for a living, or what they do all day if not work :)

Mrs. Hanson said...

Well said Southern Belle!

Questions:

*I'm turning 21 in a few short weeks- what drink would you recommend?

*What is one beauty product you can't live without?

*Favorite junk food?

*What do you love most about Memphis?

Petunia said...

Okay--pretty basic but I'm always looking for something new...
What is your favorite shampoo and conditioner?
What is your favorite perfume?

:)

What Kate Wore said...

Oh, what a bummer Miss Belle! We actually watched the end of the game last night, and knowing your feelings, we rooted for your guys.

Next year...they'll do eve better next year.
tp

Sparkle Sparkle said...

as a gamecock fan we live with the motto, maybe next year. my question, do you ever think about getting a 2nd pug? I would love to get Vivien Lee a little sister but not sure if I can afford that (the thought of boarding two, yikes) and keeping two pugs in a tiny apartment might be a bit much. but i would loooove to get a little black pug!

Who am I? said...

Check out my new blog- Sassy Pink Monogram over at www.sassypinkmonogram.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin