photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wine, Please!

First, I'd like to thank you ladies for all your wonderful comments on my being officially Catholic. I know many of you have a faith that differs other than Catholicism, and so for you to leave a comment yesterday, really was truly thoughtful and much appreciated! Also, thank you on making me feel TONS better yesterday. It's nice to know not everyone fits into those Lilly shifts sans alterations!

On to today, today has been kinda meh. It's pretty outside but not quite warm yet. I'm ready for Summer, laying out, mimosas, or champagne, or heck just a beer poolside. I'm ready for cookouts and dinner parties and just being out and about on the town. God, can you make it hurry up and get here please...thanks!


On a different note, I live in probably the biggest city in the state of Tennessee. Memphis. You'd think after reading the headline and first sentence to the article below that we were located in some rural Southern backwards hick town. Alas, no we are not. We are in a large city and debating this. Seriously, it will happen eventually. Just approve it, and move on people! And, this is one of the many things going out in the city right now:
Courtesy of Bon Appetit

[Proposal to allow grocery store wine sales in Tennessee fails
By Eric Schelzig, Associated Press
Originally published 11:14 a.m., April 15, 2009
Updated 02:47 p.m., April 15, 2009

NASHVILLE — The push to allow Tennessee to join dozens of other states in allowing wine to be sold in supermarkets was abandoned today....]

blah blah blah. I mean seriously it's 2009 Tennessee. Can we please help me in the recession save a few bucks from having to go to the liquor store after leaving the grocery store. I mean really. Really. Do you think not having wine for purchase at the grocery store deters me from going to the EVIL liquor store. I THINK NOT TENNESSEE. I think it's actually a terrible idea. Often, you, Tennnessee, cause me to buy my groceries and then go skipping off to the liquor store. Do I just buy that one tiny bottle of wine that was my original intention. No, I do not. I buy that one tiny bottle of wine, oooh you have sweet tea vodka-yes, I'll take that, oh yeah blueberry vodka goes wonderful with sweet tea (known as a blueberry icepick) and tastes just like a blueberry muffin-very relaxing poolside or on the patio, yes I'll take that crappy cheap wine tool since I broke the last one I purchased here, oh and throw in one of those airplane bottles-will go well when I'm out on the town and BROKE (which happens often tehe), oh and I might as well get some bourbon while I'm here, and then I finally pay probably with even more in my basket than that. See, now if good ol' Tennessee had just sold me my wine in the grocery store, I probably would be too lazy to go to the liquor store and purchase said items. I would save money on booze, gasoline, car maintenance, mutliple hangovers, brain cells, bad decisions, and better skin=) Hope you all have a fabulous afternoon! Aunt Flo's visit is coming soon, and as mother nature would have intended, I'm so bloated you could pop me with a pin. And then, I would fly away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 comments:

Dugout Daisy said...

You poor thing! No wine at the grocrey store? I really don't know how you do it! ;) I love me some wine!
Hope you survive the visit from Aunt Flo too! Bloating is the worst!

Lis said...

I'm ready for it to warm up too! I'm always on weather.com and we are so far below normal for this time of year. It's depressing!

That's crazy I can't believe y'all can't buy wine in the grocery store! We can buy wine at Target even here!!

Have a good evening!!

Girl Meets Beau said...

Aww poor thing! I can't believe that!! That's my main reason for going to the grocery store...ha! Sorry you are having a crummy day and boo to aunt flow!

Anonymous said...

We lived a few places where there was no wine at the market, except us. (Sorry.) Hopefully something will change so you can, but we're not holding our breath.
Smiles Miss Belle,
tp

Niki said...

I wish they would just approve this! I would love to be able to buy wine at the grocery store!

Natalie said...

I have never understood our state & their laws. I wish Sam's would follow Costco's lead & put a liquor store next to their building.

DietCokeStraightUp said...

Arkansas is the same way!!!!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

We used to have similar laws in Nebraska, but they've all been changed {for the better, ha!} and now we have all booze in stores, and can buy alcohol starting at 6am on Sundays, too, yay!

Learning As I Go said...

Some grocery stores in Florida sell wine but it usually is the cheap kind. I like wine but I tend to get a lot more drunk with it so I am careful. I am not keen on hang overs anymore.lol

MO said...

No way!! I do most of my wine shopping at the grocery store. How silly is that Memphis!!!!!

TexanCouture said...

I know I am a little late, but congrats on becoming catholic it is my religion!

Texas only allows wine & beer in our grocery stores. Which is bette than your situation but coming from New Orleans where there are drive through daquiri stands, it was a change!

Jennifer said...

Haha! Even GA sells wine at the grocery store! They need to fix that quick! I'm ready for summer too!

almost DUNN said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!! I just moved to TN from living in Little Rock for college, and my fiancee and I used to get wine at Kroger while we were getting groceries to make a nice little dinner. Tennessee- can I please have a nice dinner and little wine with my husband to be?! Is that too much to ask??

LWLH said...

I was amazed when I moved from PA (where they dont sell booze in the grocery store) to FL (where they do)...I was BEYONDDD excited! :)

PorkStar said...

no wine at grocery stores?

Well actually i havent even paid attention to that... never realized it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin