because I am home sick with a stomach bug. I mean I seriously would rather be at work than home sick. Sick days when you're actually sick are no fun. My stomach bothered me a tad on Saturday, but the discomfort went away. We attended the wedding Saturday night which was the most beautiful wedding I'd ever been to. I'll have to blog about that tomorrow. Yesterday, the bug was in full effect. I went to bed at like 6:30 last night and didn't get up til 6:30 this morning just because I can't sleep anymore. I feel much better today, and I think I'll be back in full swing by tomorrow. My stomach is really sore from all the cramping yesterday. I would not have been productive at work and am not feeling even 90%; so, I called in sick. Enough about my sickness. No one wants to hear my whining. LC has had the brunt of that=)
LC and I went house hunting again on Saturday. We found two houses we really like. One is the northwest part of the suburb, and the other is in the southeast part of the suburb. The second one has amazing curb appeal while the other is not as appealing as the other. The second one is more move in ready in my opinion, and the first one would need a little bit of work. The second one has a HUGE bathroom as in we could install a jacuzzi tub=) The first one doesn't not have a HUGE bathroom. Both neighborhoods are nice and well kept; however, the first house will have a better re-sellable value than the second one. The first is in a more established neighborhood where the second is still in said suburb but closer to the city line and well, let's face it, closer to the undesirables/not so great neighborhood. Ah, many many decisions. LC is taking his parents on Friday to go look at them. So, ladies he is serious about the house. Although, he did sit me down and tell me it was either a house or a ring; because, he couldn't do both. He said he understood that for a woman a ring is a symbol and commitment, but he is just as committed to me regardless if there is a ring on my finger or not. He said he would have to wait and see what was left over for the ring situation. He left the decision in my hands. He said he would do what I wanted whether it be a ring or a house. I know this may sound stupid to you ladies, but I chose the house. Right now the interest rates are the lowest I think they'll ever be, people are giving away houses (I mean in the sense some people are desperate to get rid of them b/c they bought a new house before the market fell out) and when the market goes back upswing in the next couple of years, I don't think that we'd be able to get a house that size for as cheap in the neighborhood we want. Both houses have come down $30,000 off the original asking price. The first one has been on the market for almost a year. We think we would be able to get it for much less than the asking price due to time listed on market, it is vacant, etc. The second one has been on the market for 2 months, and to lower it 30K too, we think they are ready to get rid of it. The second one has a pool which sounds amazing, but it would be a lot of work and a higher utility bill. We're not sure if we want that kind of commitment for our first house. I dunno. It's a big decision. Do y'all think I'm stupid for wanting a 3,000 sq. ft. house over a ring right now?