Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Skin Care line!

Well, I finally chose a new skincare line after weeks of researching and debating. [insert sigh of relief here] I really appreciate all of your advice on this and researched everything y'all suggested. I ended up going with the Oil of Olay regenerist line. They have live consultants to chat with on their website. I was kind of overwhelmed when I went to Target and things weren't really specified for certain skin types. So, I chatted with the lovely lady on the website who mapped a skin regime for me to use.

I use these products in the morning:
credit: overstockdrugstore.com

Oil of Olay Regenerist daily regenerating cleanser
credit: talkingmakeup.com

Oil of Olay eye lifting serum
credit: talkingmakeup.com

Oil of Olay regenerist UV regenerating lotion

At night, I use the same eye serum and these products:

Credit: olay.com

Olay cleansing cloths
credit: beautifulmakeupsearch.squarespace.com

While my face is soapy from the cleansing cloths, I use this Clarisonic skin care brush to exfoliate my skin and clean it. Then, rinse. Best investment ever. I give props to Shasta over at My Blonde Reality for selling me on this sweet machine=) I do not use their cleansers though.
credit: latestbeauty.com

Olay's micro-sculpting cream

And ladies, my skin does feel better than the other stuff I used to use. That maybe a combination of now using the brush and skincare, or it could just be this line is actually better than the "expensive" brand I used previously. Who knows? All I know is that I am satisfied. I waited til it had been a month of using the products before posting this review. No, I'm not being paid. Just wanted to share my happiness in finding a cheaper skin care line that A)doesn't break the bank and B) didn't make my skin freak out.

Btw, I just want to say a little thank you to True Beauty...Inside and Out. I won one of her 5 days of giveways. She's such a sweet person. She has been helpful any time I have emailed her about different skin care questions I'm sure I annoyed her, but she sure didn't show it!. If you haven't stopped over there before, go check her out. She's a darling!

11 comments:

Katie Brenckle said...

My boss uses Oil of Olay and her skin is beautiful! Seriously, it's the most flawless skin ever. Good choice!

Practically Perfect... said...

These are exactly the same kind of products that I use, and they work fabulously well :-) I don't see the need to spend lots of $$$ on other brands. I've used the expensive stuff in the past, and it just doesn't work as well. Glad you found something that you like!

Jennifer said...

I am glad you found a line that works for you! I have heard Olay is great!

Lis said...

Oh my gosh I just did the live chat thing - how cool is that!!! She gave me a great list to try!

Thanks for letting me know about this and I am glad it's working so well for you!! :)

A Little Pink... said...

I have heard great things about those products! I have used the heat activating scrub and it was AWESOME!

thepreppyprincess said...

Congrats on finding something you really like Miss Belle, that can be such a challenge these days.

Enjoy the rest of y our week!
tp

The Pink Chick said...

I am totally going to have to try this! I have been toying with switching to Oil of Olay!

short southern momma said...

There are sooooo many things to choose from now I get lost just trying to find something! Thanks for the great info and I will have to check that out! Hope you are having a great week! = )

Lauren Kelly said...

I love Oil of Olay :)

R. Wallis @ TrueBeauty said...

Thanks so much for the shout out! You are toooo sweet! And, you didn't annoy me in the slightest. I'm glad you decided on the Olay. I think you will we happy with it and it will also make your pocketbook happy :)

cMe said...

I use a regenerist lotion. I had NO idea they had online consultants though!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin