Friday, October 23, 2009

Florida Part Deux

I promised pictures of the house. Being a first time homebuyer actually I'm not buying it, but I'll be living in it just the same has been a complete nightmare. Our closing got pushed back again. The underwriter needed this and that. I freaked out because I had EIGHT days left to vacate, and called my leasing office yesterday, and at least, they haven't rented out my apartment yet. That alleviated quite a bit of my homelessness worry. I can always extend or live there until we get this house or another house if that's what ends up being the case. But enough of that, and on to a much more fun conversation!
If case you're a new reader, or in case you happened to miss this during one of my ramblings on here, my undergraduate degree is in English with a concentration of literature. Would ya believe I loooooove to read? I bet with that degree, you'd nevvvvvver have guessed. These are the books I read on the way, during, and back from Florida. Normally, I am a classics kinda girl. Give me Bronte, Austen, Tolstoy, or give me death. Ha, no, really I'm a fiction girl. But on trips, the beach, poolside, I love modern chick lit. Although, I had to get in one good, old fashioned book!





I must give thanks to one of my bloggy friends, Katie, for this book. I read this in its entirety on the way. The main male character reminded me a little bit of LC. This is a very good leisurely read!


This was a good read as well. It really makes you think hard. Some times, the grass isn't always greener on the other side!


I love this movie and had never read the book. One thing I found interesting unlike the movie(maybe it was like this and I don't remember) is that in the book it's written in letters. Celie writes letters to God, and Celie's sister writes letters to her. All in all, I absolutely loved this book. It's a real tug at your heart kind of story. I would recommend this to anyone!

This book I just could NOT put down. So so good if you like this kind of stuff. I'm a nerd and love History. And Queen Elizabeth, she was a smart little cookie=)

8 comments:

short southern momma said...

hope everything works out on the house!! Sounds so frustrating. I need to read more good books like that, but I'm too busy watching snapped! bawhaha Hope your having a great day! =)

Raining Pearls said...

Hang in there, I went through so much drama with my closing and it all worked out in the end. Praying for a quick resolve.

Ruth said...

I hope everything works out with the house.
I will have to check out those books.

RW @ TrueBeauty said...

Ok, that's it I'm going to Amazon to purchase The Virgin's Lover....I've heard so much about this book. Thanks for giving me that last nudge to purchase :)

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

I LOVED all those books, and i'm a classics girl too! Give me Austen any day, but a little preppy beach novel doesn't hurt every once in a while either! Have a great Sat.!

Elle Squared said...

Good luck with the house! And all of those books look SO GOOD! If I only had the time...

CAC muffin said...

sorry to hear about the closing getting pushed back :( that sucks

I loved the WASP book too- very cute flirty and fun!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

I loved the first two as well. And, now I really want to read the other two!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin