photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I quote and unquote


Thank you for all your sweet comments yesterday. Sometimes when I'm overwhelmed, I just gotta put it all out there. Monday was just one of those days. It's not always pink ponies and rainbows over here at the blog.  And, I'm sure all my early readers remember when my profile pic was the one famous Scarlett O'Hara when I was completely anonymous. When I went to bed Monday night, the quote above is what I said in my prayers. And, thank you for all the well wishes for my mother. She is well in the sense that she can work and is perfectly normal. But, she gets tired alot and is on medication that she takes daily. Even though she has the "good" cancer, it's still scary. Hopefully, this will be the last treatment for a long time. Thank y'all!! You have no idea how you brightened my day yesterday. Everyone's got problems whether they like to admit them or not, but it's what you take from your problems that makes you a better person. At least that's what I think.


Things are kinda hectic for me this week. I might not blog as much as usual. Here's just a glimpse of my schedule:

Mon: work; JL meeting at 7.
Tues: work; work; rest of laundry
Wed: work; work; finish last load of laundry that did not get done on Tues
Thurs: work; help out with JL stuff; get hair done
Fri: work; spray tan; spend time with LC
Sat: help with JL 5k at 7am; take mom to zoo and/or lunch (pending on 5k finish time); dinner with LC's parents for Mother's Day; little sis' bf's and roommate's bday party (bff's little sis is like my little sis too!)
Sun: 8:30 am mass *hopefully*; work; possibly work dinner too.


"work; work" means working both jobs. Sheesh, I'm going to be wore out... I'm just glad that after helping out with the 5k that I will be officially done with my first year of Junior League. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 5k is our provisional project. I'm anxious to find out  my placement later on this month.

10 comments:

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Wow, you ARE one busy girl! Glad you're getting through it all. Good luck. :)

Charbelle said...

I'm familiar with work work, I was talking to my cohost last night about how nice it is to work in a restaurant after having to sit at our desks all day. It's a completely different environment and the pay is significantly more than most retail gigs. It sounds like a busy, productive week! Good luck on the 5K!

Beth's Blog said...

so sorry to see that you were having such a bummer day yesterday. I hope things are looking up! Good Luck on your busy week ;)

Natalie said...

Glad the venting helped.. sometimes getting it out makes us feel better. I know I"ve had my fair share of meltdowns.

Anonymous said...

Vent anytime. And I love me some Scarlett O'Hara. Which 5K are you helping with?

Ruth said...

I hate yesterday was so bad. Glad it is looking up.
And you are a busy girl. I hope the 5k goes well.

Ashleigh said...

So happy to have found your blog. I'm a Tennessean in Chicago. Nothing compares to southern life :)
Looking forward to keeping up with you!

Nishant said...

I hope things are looking up! Good Luck
indian classified site

SNP said...

I love your blog. I'm such a preppy southern belle myself and reading your blog inspired me to make one of my own! If you get a chance go drop me a comment! http://howloverly1.blogspot.com/

wall sticker said...

nice wall decal are they removeable

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin