photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wedding Crasher? Why, yes I did!

Funny thing is...the movie Wedding Crashes is one of my all time faves. I actually just watched this not too long ago.The crazy this is how when you're watching it you're thinking that it's totally absurd and thinking who actually does that? Good for laughs for sure.

You know when you're the bride, you are the focus of the wedding festivities. However, I, the bride, was one upped by my wedding crasher. No, it wasn't some ex-boyfriend still pining for and/or bitter about past love, an ex-best friend wanting to see so she/he can go gossip about how horrible it was, or a guest who wasn't given a +1 and brought some horrible person with them. Nope...none of those. It was my fifth grade teacher. FIFTH GRADE people. I was eleven years old. The only way I even remember her is because she still looks the same as she did 20 freaking years ago. I kid you not.

LC and I were having our first dance, and I look over and see her sitting with the band. I was like HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, whose guest is she?!!!?!?!? I was thinking what a small world, and please don't let her see me. Is she with the band? What is going on?

Nope, she crashed my wedding. She came up to me and was hovering over me while I was trying to talk to my fellow friends and blog loves, That's Influence and My Life As Mrs. M. When I turned around, there was no avoiding her. She told me that I was her favorite student, and she just had to come. She wasn't invited, but she saw the wedding announcement in the paper and had to be here on my special day. Ummmm...creepy, much? Yes. 

Oh, don't click off just yet. It gets EVEN creepier. She comes up to me again with this bag. I'm thinking Oh, no! Please don't let it be a gift. She pulls out my fifth grade class picture out of the bag. She's pointing to people in the picture and asking if they are here. I don't even remember most of these kids. I haven't even seen some of them since fifth grade. I politely told her No ma'am, that was 20 years ago, we do not keep in contact anymore.

Sadly, my wedding was overshadowed by her. It wasn't like people came up to me and were like "you look so pretty. Blah blah blah." The first thing everyone kept asking me was is that really your teacher. Sad, but true.

The thing is it wouldn't have even been that big of an issue is she didn't stick out like a sore thumb. I mean she was the odd person out. It was a night wedding. Men were in suits, women were in cocktail dresses or nice pant suits....and well, my fifth grade teacher, not so much. She decided to wear white jeans rolled up to her knees for capris. One of those old turtleneck type shirts that has a big cowl, neck and a teacher-like vest with a Christmas necklace. Oh, and let's not forget the side-pony. She wore this in fifth grade as well; you know circa 1991. Now, you can tell how I recognized her immediately. Let's not forget the lipstick...still the same shade of pinkish coral. My friend took this photo. I'm not a mean person, so the only reason I'm posting it is because you can't really tell what her face looks like. But, I haaaaaaaaaaaddddd to show you the side pony and coordinating scrunchies (sp?).


**Tomorrow's wedding crasher edition: The Creepy Gifts!








Personalized Gifts

17 comments:

Melissa said...

OH MY! How crazy and creepy!

Raquel said...

Omg! That is SO incredibly creepy! I would of had some kick her out!!

Angie said...

Wow! I can't even imagine! That is so weird and crazy and creepy.

Whitney @ justacountry-girl said...

i had to laugh out loud when i read this post...but geeez, she sounds like creepy mcreepster. it sounds like you handled it all super classy. of course i am not surprised by that :-)

Sonya said...

Crazy! I would have died if that happened to me! Why would anyone think to come to a wedding uninvited? You would think a teacher would know better! So glad someone got a sly picture because that was worth showing!

Diary of a Domestic Failure said...

I wonder if she is lonely? That is really odd - to say the least.

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Funniest post ever!! I can't believe she is real... I would die.

Anonymous said...

I am from a small town and everyone always posts engagement and wedding announcements in the society section of the lcoal paper. To my little community, that posting acts as a formal invitation. I told my husband (who is from New England) to expect this at our wedding. Sure enough, I had a great time catching up with old friends that I had not seen in 20 years and introducing them to Mike. He got a big kick out of it. Definately a "Southern" thing. You should take her showing up as a huge compliment!

Unknown said...

that is seriously so creepy. like not even a little bit of "oh that's so sweet she remembered you!" noppppe. just plain creepy!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud as I was reading this, and then again when I read it to my mom! How ridiculous, but you'll have an awesome story to tell your kids about your wedding!

After the picture was taken, I absolutely would have kicked her out, so you're a better person than I am! Thanks for sharing this :)

xx

Ali said...

Ohmygoodness! That side pony makes the outfit, I can't believe she showed up, and didn't think that perhaps she was not dressed for a wedding. You handled it with grace and poise, and that says so much about the sweet person you are.
xo

Meredith said...

OMG that's too much!!! How crazy!!!

Melissah said...

What a funny story - I had a good laugh! I just stumbled across your blog & have just spent the last half an hour enjoying myself reading through some old posts. I have just signed up as your latest follower & I look forward to popping back soon!
x
Melissah from Scrapbook

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Oh. my. goodness! How sad!

Leslie said...

That is so crazy that happened. I was actually so shocked by reading your post that I shared it with my husband. That's ridiculous!

ashley said...

Oh.my.gosh! That is* super creepy. I can't imagine someone just showing up to a wedding nonetheless when she wasn't invited!! Did you consider asking her to leave (well maybe not you directly, but security???)

Can't get over this-- I have to admit I laughed out loud reading this. I hope she didn't overshadow your big day all too much. :)

Mrs Nautical Belle said...

No freaking way! That is so weird! And rude.. Who does that?! Would have had my planner politely ask her to leave.

xoxo.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin