photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Faves!

Here are my faves from the Oscars!

I thought the Gucci dress was gorgeous with the cascading pattern. LOVES!Learn to make your own fabulous dresses with a mfa degree.

It was simple, yet elegant lavender Armani. Penelope's look reminded me of old school Hollywood. I loved her hair and jewelry:)

Normally, I don't like redheads in red, but I think Emma Stone looks gorgeous and so classy! I just love the neck on this Giambattista Valli.  Emma is totes my new girl crush:)

Jessica Chastain...sheer perfection. I'm thinking this Alexander McQueen might be my absolute fave!

I love the fit of his tux. He looks great!

I think Natalie brings back old school glamour with this look. It's a Dior Haute Couture circa 1954. Not to mention, the diamond statement necklace. Loves!

Gwyneth Paltrow...need I say more??!!? Did y'all catch her presenting without this wrap on? Can I have her height and skinniness please? This Tom Ford was just absolutely made for her!

Such a pretty color on Maria Menounos

 
She looks absolutely stunning in Versace! The brooch on the back of this dress was TDF. Her makeup and hair are so sooo so soooooo pretty!

 While I wasn't crazy about her dress (curvy girls like you and me, JLo don't need to wear tight, sparkly, light dresses. They accent the bottom half a little too much), I thought her high bun and makeup were great!

I thought Milla Jovovich's Elie Saab dress and makeup were stunning!

Look at Tina! She's in a navy Carolina Herrera. If I remember correctly, this was designed for her. I think she looks smashing!

At first I didn't like it, but then it grew on me. This Vivienne Westwood was pretty!



I don't care what the critics say; I was not a fan of these:
I think Viola Davis's dress would be pretty if perhaps it was in a different color. That color green with the red in her hair just reminds me of Poison Ivy from Batman. Sandra's dress had a pretty back; I just wasn't feeling the top part of the dress. The waistline and bottom are very classic. Michelle's orange dress just didn't cut it for me. I don't care that it was Louis Vuitton. I just didn't like it. 

Did you watch the Oscars? What was your fave?

 Personalized Gifts

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Love this little recap! I didn't get to see a lot of the pre-show, so this is perfect. :) Definitely some gorgeous dresses, and I agree about Gwyneth....I need her waist size. :)

Leslie said...

Gwyneth looks absolutely amazing, and I love Natalie Portman and Penelope's dresses too. I thought Tina Fey looked very elegant and gorgeous. Great recap!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on so many! I loved Cameron, Gwen (without the cape), Natalie is so retro chic!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin