photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

That's Influence...

Foofing? Was that just not hilarious. I was literally laughing out loud when I read it. Oh that Sarah!!!!
Aren't you loving these girls?!?!?! Today, another lovely guest post comes from my friend, Whitney. Yes, I can say my friend because we have actually met IRL through blogging. I have been loving all her wedding plans and simply C.A.N.N.O.T. wait to attend her wedding in October and am so honored to have even been invited. She is awesome at makeup and DIY type stuff. Def go over and check her blog out!

Hi y'all! My name is Whitney, and I blog over at That's Influence. I jumped at the chance to write on JM's blog while she was away, because ironically enough, JM is the one who really kicked started my blog three years ago. 

You see, my blog started off simply as a class project in college, but soon after graduation, I decided to continue writing little snippets of my life, my personality, and my style. JM was the first gal to comment on my blog, the first gal I met in person because of my blog, and someone I can now call a great friend. Crazy, huh?

If you've seen my blog, you already know I'm a beauty junky, part time crafter, and currently planning my dream wedding for this October.

Now that we are starting to bare our arms and legs more and more with this 100+ degree heat and wedding season is officially here in the South, I thought I would share with you some of my all time favorite self tanners that gives me a bronze glow.

1. St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse is hands down my favorite self tanner ever. Natural color without a hint of orange, and it's buildable coverage allows you to layer it on if you want a darker color. It also has a tint to it so you can see where you are tanning and dries really fast.
2. I found out about Tan Towels randomly at Ulta, and for a dollar apiece, I thought I wouldn't break the bank to try them. They gave me great color, and I plan on taking a couple of these with me while I travel in case I need a quick touch up.
3. Bare Escentuals Faux Tan is one of the first tanners I began to use, and because of it's natural based formula, I like to use this one on my face and not have to worry about breakouts. 


Things you need to know/do before you self tan:
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. Trust me on this one, and you will thank me later. 
- I suggest using a pair of disposable gloves to put on the self tanner. When you are finished applying it, take the gloves off and place a small amount on the tops of my hands and rub the tops of your hands together, making sure to blend. That way your hands are not a different shade from your wrists. 
- If you end up with streaks, don't freak. Lemon juice or rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad will buff this stuff right out. (If you use the rubbing alcohol, make sure to moisturize later...it can be quite drying.)

xoxo, Whit
 Personalized Gifts

1 comment:

Glitterista said...

I was just looking at my legs this morning thinking I needed to try something new! Great recommendations. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin