photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Saturday, September 22, 2012

4 years and counting...



This little blog is officially 4 years old today. Happy Blogiversary to Southern Belle!!!! I went back to look at my very first post and see what nonsensical, amazingness I started this beauty with. Here it is:  

So, this is my first blog. I'm just going to start with today. No background, no ridiculously long paragraph with my loves, hates, likes, and dislikes. Just today starting fresh. My best friend from undergrad just got married this past weekend. Kinda reminded me that out of our group, I am the last one left...Also, reminded me that I am getting kinda old too. She chose red, black, and white as her colors. I personally wouldn't have chosen red in September due to my fixation that red is a winter color nonetheless the reception looked like a Christmas in September. It was a lot of fun:) Also, reminded me that I am the last one to also not have children. The bride had a baby 2 months before the wedding. Technically, proposal came first, and baby was an added surprise. Anyways, I've been seeing Law Clerk for about a month now. I'm normally a non-committal person due to previous relationships in the past and not wanting to be hurt again. I know, I know everyone's been hurt blah blah. Just I'm scared okay. Law Clerk was a surprise. Have known him for awhile now, but it kind of snuck up on me. We have always picked on each other since we've met. Guess you can describe us as being 3rd grade. You know how when you were little and liked someone, you would just be mean or punch them. Yeah that was us. He's the most amazing man I've ever met. He is so kind and awesome. Just writing about him brings a smile to my face. I appreciate every second we spend together. I'm very picky, and normally, I never like anyone. Believe me, I know I'm no Gisele or Heidi Klum, but I'm an intelligent, attractive woman, and have felt that I deserve the same. However, I am smitten. Completely and utterly smitten with LC. I love the way his hair smells, the feeling when his long eyelashes tickle my skin, how my hand fits perfectly in his, his hands on the small of my back as I enter a room, the way he picks me up like a baby when I'm tired, and I could go on and on. I hope that he likes me as much as I like him. I have been afraid that what happens if he doesn't end up liking me that much, or at all, or what if he just wakes up one day and decides he just doesn't feel the same. It's scary, but I have chosen for once to finally let my fears subside and run with it. To me, it's worth risking and for me that's saying a lot.....................

Well, one thing is, I don't think I'll ever win a Pulitzer Prize for the writing on here, nor will I ever be deemed a poet laureate. Ha! 

A lot has changed and some not at all. I always think of red being a winter color, but red can be fall too! My bff's wedding was so fun, and all the red reminded me of Christmas and I LOVE Christmas! Sadly, she is divorced now. But, it's for the better. I am still with law clerk. I'm actually married to law clerk. For you new readers, that's how LC got his name. No, those aren't his initials--I'm not that clever;) LC stands for- you got it, law clerk. However, he's no longer a law clerk; he's a practicing attorney. I'm no longer a commercial real estate assistant; I'm a teacher. I'm no longer in my twenties; shoot, I'm about to be heading to the end of my early thirties next year. What I wouldn't give to be 28 again!!!! We got married, still no kids (for the record, we are trying). As much as his OCDness and germaphobia drives me cray cray, it still brings a smile to my face when reading about how much I loved him from the very beginning:))))

**stay tuned-blogiversary giveaway happening soon....
  Personalized Gifts

5 comments:

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

Happy blogversary darling!

Classy Fab Sarah said...

I haven't been reading for all of four years (but definitely two at the least!)... but what an amazing post. I LOVE that LC made an appearance in the first post. How amazing.

Isn't it crazy how time flies??

Whitney said...

I love everything about this post, JM! I loved reading your first post, and I can now see why you gained such a great following. You write from the heart and you tell it like it is...we are just happy to be along for the ride!! :)

Southern Belle Mama said...

Happy 4 years to you!! I just passed my 3 year mark and thought back on how much has changed in those few short years. :)

Here's to many more years and new adventures!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I have so enjoy reading your posts over the past few years and look forward to following along in the years to come! Such fun to look back on your very first post, sometimes I look back and wonder what on earth I was thinking! HA! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin