photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Skincare???

MIA due to our upcoming state writing assessment. i'm not happy which i'm sure means a lot of teachers in my state aren't happy. another post for another day.

 today's post: what's your skincare?

what do you use to keep your face looking young and healthy?

i'll be honest. i've never really been consistent with a skin care routine. i have combo/oily skin. i've never had an issue with dryness and usually on wash my face in the mornings. i don't apply a moisturizer either. *gasp* i need to be better! (i know. now, that i'm older and wrinkles are starting to set in-ugh!)

i need to find a good skincare routine. i've been looking at mario badescu. anyone used that? also, i've looked at philosophy's microdelivery wash to incorporate. i thought MB might be good because it's relatively inexpensive and something i can afford.

i'd appreciate any suggestions, especially if you're a combo/oily skin girl  like me:) would love to hear from my readers!!!

Scentsy

9 comments:

E said...

I have the opposite problem. Most of the skin is really dry and sensitive. But, I really like using the Burt's Bees radiance face lotion and night cream with royal jelly in it.

Southern Belle Mama said...

I have a friend that uses MB and loves it, but I'm like you...I haven't nailed down a routine yet. Considering I'm 30 you'd think I would have figured it out by now! That may be my goal this year :)

BelleinBows said...

I too have oily/combination skin. Last week I went into Ulta and picked out MB for my new routine. It's been one week on the dot and I have noticed improvement in my skin. Look online at at the reviews and if you're like me look at Youtube to see if your skin issues will be covered by MB.

Erica said...

I am a big fan of Philosophy skincare products. I use the purity facewash {it is amazing: it is makeup remover, cleanser, and toner all in one}, the microdelivery scrub, and eye makeup remover. I also swear by my Clarosonic Mia, the replacement brush heads can be expensive but I get them on eBay for usually half the price :)

Unknown said...

Ive used MB line in the past, it's ok, but nothing amazing. I honestly wouldn't recommend it. I'm currently using philosophy products and love them. I also got a Clarsonic (late to the game) for Christmas and its AMAZING! I couldn't recommend it enough. I'd been using the oil of okay brush for years to see if I'd be consistent with a brush everyday and I liked it, but it doesn't hold a candle to Clarsonic. It's the best skin car item I've ever had. Keep us posted on what you decide!

Natalie said...

I have combo normal/oily skin although the older I get the more it tends to be on the normal side. I've always used Mary Kay b/c I have family who sells it. It has always worked great for me.

Jenna said...

I'm the same way - I'm terrible about keeping up with my regimine. I tend to use the "Simple" sensitive face wipes for quick nights - they're great when you're too lazy to make it a whole production.

lauren said...

I've heard good things about the MB line although I haven't tried it out. I actually just did a post about skin care and I have oily/combo skin as well.
http://polishedinpearls.blogspot.com/2013/01/winter-skin-care.html

Let us know what works for you! I'm always interested in new products.

The Stanley Family said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry that it's been two weeks since you left your sweet comment on my lack luster blog! So today, I'm replying, you're welcome AND on the topic of skincare! I'm currently mixing it up between an Obagi regimen and SimplySkinRx. Love them both it seems to have cleared up the adult acne that I was constantly battling. The only problem I have with the Simplyskin is no sunscreen...so that's a bummer especially in Texas, but I'll use a Neutragena oil free product to get that taken care of. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin