photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Inner van Gogh

Last year, I bought a voucher from Living Social for a paint night at a local art studio. You can't beat painting for two for 30 bucks! I bought it for my bff's bday, but my gallbladder surgery ended up happening during that time and we just never got around to it. Well, it was about to expire, and we decided to go to celebrate her bday this year. We decided to go last Thursday, and we had so much fun! The lady who owns Heart for Art Studio actually does it out of her house. We got to pick our paintings versus everyone doing the same painting. I have never painted before, and I think doing step by step with the instructor would have probably been better for me. I think I will do that next time by trying somewhere that does that and then, go back to Heart for Art after I feel a little more confident. Regardless, we had tons of fun and I really enjoyed myself!

I chose "So Poppy-Lar." When we arrived, she already had it sketched out for us. You can see what it is supposed to look like by the picture on the table. I thought this wasn't too detailed and would be easier for a first-timer. 
Here are our finished products. Bestie's is on the left and mine on the right. Not too shabby:)))

And I just had to share this with you! A couple showed up late. They got married in October, and her husband brought her to paint night. She was totally surprised! She selected a picture with a dog in it and changed the dog's color to match the dog they owned. I think it was such a sweet date night planned by the husband. I just had to take a pic of his painting. Look what he chose to paint!!!!
Is that not awesome or what? Super super sweet:)
Scentsy

2 comments:

Classy Fab Sarah said...

All of those paintings are SO GOOD!!

And I love your poppy one!

Diary of a Southern Belle said...

Super sweet!!!

I keep saying I'm gonna go to one of these paint classes soon!

Glad you enjoyed yourself!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin