photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Friday, July 19, 2013

5 on Friday!





1. Still researching history stuff. Teaching this is nothing like teaching grammar. The change in content (more interesting than grammar!) will be a nice change for me.


2. I'm throwing my dad a surprise 60th birthday. I don't know if my dad has ever had a "birthday" party before. He has no idea at least i don't think he does and will be surprised----I hope! We went with the theme in the pic above from Party City, "the party continues..."


3. I've been able to go to the pool a few times the past couple of weeks. Love this towel that I got in the NYC sale and have used it every time I've gone to the pool.


4. Pea Salad--sorry for the messy pic. This is the last of it that I scraped together for the picture. This is SOOOOOOOO good. My friend made this when we had a pool day and cooked out. I asked for the recipe to take to a teacher pool day on Wednesday. We had some left over, and I've been eating it with my lunch. So good!!!!!
Recipe is as follows: 
2 pkgs frozen peas
6 or 7 strips of bacon
2 tbp finely chopped purple onion
1/2 cup chopped mozzarella
1/2 cup chopped cheddar
1/2 cup mayo
salt
pepper
pinch of sugar


5. Sunkissed Citrus Dryer Disk. Y'all this is SO yummy! I use the dryer disks to make my clothes and towels smell so good. This doesn't function as a dryer sheet; it's merely for smell. So, I throw a non-fragrant dryer sheet in with this. And voila, no static and smells divine!


 photo Signature_zps23e90dda.png
Scentsy

2 comments:

April of Smidge Of This said...

I'd be allllll over that pea salad - thanks for sharing the recipe! Looks right up my alley!

The Gifted Gabber said...

Hi! Popping over from Five on Friday. The pea salad looks interesting. May have to give it a try. Changing subjects as a teacher is exciting and scary all at once. I've had my fair share of new subjects...some I didn't even know about until a few days before the start of school. Yikes! You seem very organized...I'm sure you will have a great year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin