photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Friday, October 18, 2013

5 on Friday:)

Don't forget to enter to win the Southern Living cookbook I'm giving away here.

5 on Friday:)))))


1. Touch and Feel... When we went to Auburn University's Museum of Natural History last week, they had a "touch and feel" table. It was really neat! An ocelot is sooooooo soft. And, I forget what type of seal it is, but it was unbelievable soft as well. I was thought this was a good place to check out because I was not down for the table across from it. SNAKES. This lady doesn't like snakes. No, I don't want to pet one; No, I don't want to let one rest on my neck; No, I do not want to hold it. Thanks, I'm good. That's how I felt when we went in the arachnid room. My hubs was asking the arachnid curator questions, and some of the grad students had the spiders out on the table. One asked if I'd like to "pet" the tarantula. No, I don't PET tarantulas. I'm good. K.THX. Lord, help us, if we have boy(s)...

2. Steinbeck. Yes, Steinbeck has been sitting on my nightstand for about 3 or 4 years now. I can't believe it's taken me this long to start reading East of Eden. Normally, when I start to really get into a book, I plow through it. This time, I am refusing to do that. I am reading carefully and taking breaks. This book literally started going after page 5... And the fact that I broke out the highlighter speaks volumes for me. I'm halfway through the book. 


3. Violet Crumble. Never would I ever say $3.99 for a candy bar is okay. Butttttttttt, for a Violet Crumble, I sing a different tune. VC is one of my fave candy bars. The only good thing that came out of the relationship with my Aussie ex-boyfriend in graduate school was introducing me to candy he enjoyed back home in Oz. I picked this up at the World Market in Auburn. Ours, in town, closed. I just so happened to stash this in my purse since we were going to the movies. I felt kinda bad, but when I saw that a thing of Reese's Pieces was 4 bucks, I no longer felt bad. That's highway robbery!


4. Cider Mill. It's where it's at for fall! With the temps being in the 60s this week, I've swapped out the summery scents and started out with a bang. Fresh apples, crushed pumpkin, simmering spices...Cider Mill hits the spot for that fall, cozy smell. Yum!!!


5. PUGGGGGGYYYYYYY! I saved the best for last. It's my little baby. Puggy says, "C MAH SMILE. U SHUD POST PICTUREZ OV ME MOAR OFTEN!"

 photo Signature_zps23e90dda.png
Scentsy

3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Violet Crumble=delish

April of Smidge Of This said...

I've never even HEARD of Violet Crumble!

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

I love East of Eden. I really like the James Dean movie too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin