So, I thought I'd just do a brain dump on what has been going on in my life lately...
1. My mom and I threw a surprise going away party for my aunt. She's moving to Naples, FL as I write. While I'm sad, I'm also secretly happy. It means holidays and vacations at the beach! I'll still miss her being close by. She lived in the town next to mine. But, I know she's going to be so happy living at the beach!!!
2. I am not a tenured teacher. They got rid of tenure, or at least the way to easily obtain tenure, the year I started teaching. My principal has already met with all the non-tenured teachers to let us know she already knows she has to cut a position next year. Talk about stress. Stress about upcoming state testing in a three months, to starting IVF, to now possibly being cut. I'm keeping my *fingers crossed* My teacher score was top level last year, and I'm not low on the non-tenured seniority pole anymore. But nevertheless, annoying and a tad frightening.
3. My mom was released from her radiologist. Now, she meets with the oncologist again this month, but her prognosis is great. Her cancer was removed 100%. I'm so glad that it was caught so early on, and to know, that God works in mysterious ways.
4. No, I still haven't been going to church. I think about it. Actually, I think about it a lot lately. I think I just need to do it. I think I will feel better. Something comforting about kneeling on a prayer bench and leaving it all up to Him.
5. I'm still sad on days, but it's better. I feel like it has gotten easier to see pregnant women, be around babies, etc. Then, days like yesterday, it's like a complete bitter-woe is me-relapse will happen. We watched the Super Bowl over our friends' house. I got to play with their twins. And, we were over there the day before celebrating the twins' birthdays. However, I guess it was just too much baby overload because I was kind of sad when I got home. Then, I logged on to facebook to see if *possibly* I was going to get my snow day, which you already know i did, and I think it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I see a former best friend, we had a falling out but made up and remain amicable, post on facebook she's pregnant. I guess I just got depressed because they have been together less than a year, and here we sit trying for going on two years with no baby.
6. On a much brighter note than number 5, I woke up to a new day today and was able to watch Downton Abbey and eat cinnamon rolls in my bed at 10:30am in the morning. No school. Yay!!!!!!!!
7. Oh yea, I'll post again, but it's transition time to the new catalog. All of the items (except for licensed/charity products) in the Scentsy fall/winter catalog are 10% off til the end of February!