photo Header_zps3e95629b.png

Monday, June 3, 2013

Flower Power:)

Again, another lame blog title, what can I say? ha!

I just wanted to update about our landscaping. The front bed we extended was a GREAT idea. I think it looks much better!

Please excuse the water hose. Hubs was working in the yard when I took this. I will say this, the plants at the front are iceland poppies, and if I had the chance to do it again, I wouldn't put them in the front. I just pruned them which is why if you look closely you will only see one bloom. The foliage is fug. The green leaves turn yellow which in turn makes the leaves turn brown when they are dying off. In all reality, the foliage is a green-yellow color. Reminds me of the green-yellow crayon that I hated using when someone else had the regular green. Sorry, for the horrible childhood flashback. Just had to get that out;)

 The poppy foliage is just not pretty, readers. NOT at all. I think we should have put them behind the drift roses, but alas, I keep telling myself that the greenish/yellow foliage now blends in with the hostas.
Also, you can go ahead and just pretend my husband's flip flops aren't there. Just imagine full hostas and a hydrangea bush that is now beginning to bloom! Our hostas are overtaking the bed, but I like them just like this.

And what I'm most excited about is...

Gardenias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The gardenia bushes we planted this year are blooming. I LOVEEEEE the smell of gardenia, and it makes me so happy when I walk outside and get a whiff of the that smell in the air. So good! I am elated because last year we planted them in the bed where the poppies are, and they did not bloom. They died:( It was too much shade. So, this year we planted them in the bed that is front of our garage, and they are doing fine. So happy:) #itsthelittlethings

Scentsy

3 comments:

JMc said...

Love the gardenias! Looks great, now can you come tell me what to do with mine?? I am horrible at picturing what I want in mine. All I know so far is I want hostas, lol

Diary of a Southern Belle said...

I def like it extended!!!! Great job!!!

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

It looks great! I love your hydrangeas.

www.hautemommyblog.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin